DOORS... DESTINY... DISCOVERY... of life 2012

DOORS... DESTINY... DISCOVERY... and LOVE of >>>>
NEW LIFE PURPOSE... FAMILY... FRIENDS... THE BEACH... HISTORY... HUMOR... FRANCE...
JUST TAKING A WALK... ETSY... CREATIVE IDEAS.... MOTIVATIONAL THOTS....

F R A N C E --- for 3 summers. Now --- memories & pictures

Monday, September 21, 2009

AMIENS for dinner and a walk



AMIENS is a peaceful city of canals and unbelievable flowers and narrow roads and the weather was perfect! It was Friday night and the street cafes were full of people. We had dinner at one of the outdoor cafes. All the tables were right next to each other, so when you have dinner you actually visit with the people next to you and enjoy their company. I felt a little awkward at first. In the states we are told not to disturb other people in a restaurant. But in France, everyone seems to enjoy each other's company. It is all SO FOREIGN here... but I think I could get used to this new way of thinking, I like it. I had a fantastic dinner of pork. I am still so excited, I wasn't able to eat all of it.


Then I saw it! The Cathédrale Notre-Dame d'Amiens, (Notre-Dame Cathedral of Amiens), I couldn't believe how huge it was and the detail of the hundreds of sculptures were meticulous. I felt speechless as I looked up at this unbelievable piece of architecture that began its existence in 1220. Words cannot describe it magnificent beauty and grandeur. It is of the same design at the Notre-Dame in Paris. It is also the tallest cathedral in France. The original cathedral was destroyed by fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment