DOORS... DESTINY... DISCOVERY... of life 2012

DOORS... DESTINY... DISCOVERY... and LOVE of >>>>
NEW LIFE PURPOSE... FAMILY... FRIENDS... THE BEACH... HISTORY... HUMOR... FRANCE...
JUST TAKING A WALK... ETSY... CREATIVE IDEAS.... MOTIVATIONAL THOTS....

F R A N C E --- for 3 summers. Now --- memories & pictures

Monday, September 21, 2009

Aux Paris! Je suis arrivé!



I have arrived! July 24th 5:30PM Paris time/8:30AM-my time! I'm ready for the day. Regie was there to pick me up. It's so unbelievable to be here! We didn't drive into Paris at all tonight. 5 days in Paris is coming the end of August! We stopped for a coke in the airport, but I was so excited I didn't drink much of it. So we took to the roads--full of toll fees. Everything is so green and such a beautiful countryside! Everything is so FOREIGN! Ha!





There are license plates from
everywhere. Germany, Belgium, Italy, Denmark, Norway,
Great Britain.



I quickly learned about the "Contrôler Automatique"---
Speed Control Electronic Eyes--
that flashes a picture of you in your car and
are sent a ticket in the mail!

If you are French...after you accumulate 12 points,
You just don't speed in France.

Then there are the "Rond-point"... the Roundabouts!
They are everywhere!
Reading a map in France is VERY DIFFERENT
than reading maps in the USA.
And all the signs are very tiny,
you have to know WHERE and HOW to find them.
The traffic lights are small and very low.
Everything is so FOREIGN here! C'est magnifique!

No comments:

Post a Comment