
I left Seattle July 23rd, Thursday evening at 8:00 pm........ on British Airways for 9 hours (the plane left an hour and 15 minutes late from Seattle) The evening darkness quickly disappeared and the morning was already being born as I flew over beautiful Greenland, I slept a little, took a couple of walks around the plane. Visited for about an hour with two ladies, one from Ireland--one from Denmark--talking politics of ALL things! But it was very fun. I loved their accents! They had difficulty understanding each other--but I could understand both of them for some reason. So I ended up "clarifying/translating'" HA! The Irish woman would ask me, "what did she say? did you understand? It was humorous. Brunch was then served on the plane at 10:00AM--London time/2:00AM -my time.
This is all I saw of London, but it was beautiful!
I arrived LATE in London at 1:00AM--London time/5:00AM-my time. I made my way through the London airport... it was pouring rain! RAIN...Imagine that! AND there was some sort of "extra" security going on in the airport...so......... I had to go through customs and everyone was having everything searched. My plane was late and I was waiting in a mile-long line to catch my plane to Paris. I finally got through customs and RAN to the gate where my plane was to take off in 5 MINUTES! The door was still OPEN! I couldn't believe it! I sat down and the captain made an announcement that with the security problems and the rain, it would be at least an hour before we would be departing! I would be late arriving in Paris, but at I MADE this flight!
No comments:
Post a Comment