DOORS... DESTINY... DISCOVERY... of life 2012

DOORS... DESTINY... DISCOVERY... and LOVE of >>>>
NEW LIFE PURPOSE... FAMILY... FRIENDS... THE BEACH... HISTORY... HUMOR... FRANCE...
JUST TAKING A WALK... ETSY... CREATIVE IDEAS.... MOTIVATIONAL THOTS....

F R A N C E --- for 3 summers. Now --- memories & pictures

Monday, September 21, 2009

Across the border for a day... to Brugges, Belgium


We took the day and traveled
north to BELGIUM.
Pictures are worth a thousand
words. Another unbelievably
beautiful place!

Mais QUI...
I could live here!











BRUGGES is often referred to as the VENICE of BELGIUM because of all the canals in the city. They prefer you speak English. In fact when I went into one of the shops and bought some gifts for Christmas, I thanked the clerk in French... and in a most gracious and kind voice she said "Keep your french to yourself." I told her I was an American and she told me they prefer to speak English here. That surprised me! Reggie then gave an explanation about Belgium and some of the political struggles this country is having.






This beautiful woman was sitting in her doorway making a lace collar with all these bobbins. Her hands moved so quickly and it was incredible how fast she counted--separated--skipped--and twisted all these bobbins to create this beautiful collar. AND she was talking and explaining to all of us at the same time! Very FUN!


















This is where the nuns live. Quiet and beautiful.









Had a great day. I loved how this little girl was dressed, everyone dresses so
beautifully here. We walked so much today we could NOT FIND where we had parked our car. GOOD THING I had my handy dandy miniature COMPASS and we found a map. Within the hour... ha! we found the hidden narrow street where we had parked the car. We had a snack--a torte & icecream yogurt & Expresso and then headed back across the French border.

No comments:

Post a Comment